Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Final Order!

Whoop! I just placed my (hopefully) final order to a few online retailers to get the remaining parts I need to complete this build.

What I ordered:









Remaining work to be done before I can test ride it:
  • Braze in the weld nut to hold the idler mount. I wasn't planning on doing this but I can't find a bolt with enough threading on it to mount it as I wished without cutting the threads myself. It's less hassle to braze in the nut.
  • Braze on the cable stops. At a minimum I need the one for the front derailleur. I also may put on one to allow me to use a cantilever brake. Still undecided on that. I probably won't bother putting any on otherwise at first and just run full-length housing. I may change my mind on that after the test ride but we'll see.
  • Make a mounting plate for the U-brake
  • Clean the chain I'm using (lightly used chain)
  • Assemble the thing.
Remaining work to be done after the test rides:
  • Final decision about any braze-ons
  • paint the frame
  • any final seat trimming
  • paint the seat
  • polish anything that needs it
  • Fix any problems revealed from the test rides
  • re-assemble
Getting close!

No comments: