Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's done! (mostly)

Whoop!

The bike is done with the exception of a couple minor things (hand grips, toeing in the front brake pads, and making a little cap for the top of the steerer extension to be specific)







I re-assembled everything over the last two nights. There are only a few changes from the original assembly. The first was swapping out the front brake for a different one. The one I was using originally was binding up funny so I took it apart and promptly lost half the balls in the thrust bearing. I really should know better but oh well. Instead of messing with it, I just stole the brake off my road bike for now, I've been meaning to modify the road bike to use cantilevers anyway. The second change is related. I ground the bottom of the drop bolt plate back a bit for a few extra mm of tire clearance. The final modification was the addition of a frame protector for where the chain runs close to the rear fork. It's just a piece of soda-can spray-mounted on and encouraged to stay there with zip ties.


No comments: